Avocado Conundrum




Ah, there are so many things I could say about avocados, but I won't. Instead, I'll say this: the picture you see here, I don't believe is up to my own standards. But, since I had given myself the summer off, it's hard to get back into it. So what you see here is the visual equivalent of three months of frustration, learning, joy and anxiety. I'm not sure what to make of it myself. But, like a wise teacher once told me, "You must make bad art to make good art". So why am I posting it? Why am I inflicting this upon you? To prove the point. My next piece is going to kick ass. Or perhaps the one after that.

Comments

wordbit said…
I love it Shantala!
Oleg Portnoy said…
Alright listen grams enough with your old people ranting. The painting is actually quite good and it's about time you stretched out the old bones and picked up the paint brush. I was beginning to wonder what happened to the good old spunky shantal that I once knew.
Bianca Zorzi said…
Very.. appetizing.. Good to see you're painting again! You should make a cook book..
next painting: corn pie!! lol
Love this one, and I love avocados too!!
Yum Yum!

Popular Posts